Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sixth treatment and answered questions.

My sixth treatment went well. It was fairly uneventful which is always great! I hadn't had an actual appointment to talk to my oncologist face to face in awhile. We email a lot but he had me come in. I had to put together some questions for him the night before. I pulled this from my face book  It was my post after talking with my Oncologist.

 Lots of good news today! My last chemo before delivery will be march 6. There will be a 2.5 week break before delivery. Then after delivery I will start treatment back up 3 weeks later. My pet scan will be a couple weeks after delivery. I CAN breast feed until my next treatment. He said the chemo would leave my breast milk after about 24 hours. I will most likely supplement at the same time. He also told me that the chemo the baby and I will be getting wont increase our risks of other cancers or her getting cancer. Then he also said there are no genetic ties with HL. So my kids won't have any higher chance of getting it.. And cancer doesn't run in my family. (Besides smoking induced lung cancer.) Also my blood results came in and it looks like we have a green light for tomorrow's treatment! I will be half way done after tomorrow! 6 down, 6 to go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment