Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ruth.

The morning of February 4th I found out that a friend of mine passed away from cancer. She was older and she was battling lung cancer. She was my moms friend and all during my diagnoses and treatment she would call and text me. We always talked about meeting up to go wig shopping and out to lunch and never made it. Her cancer spread through out her body and her body wasnt taking to the chemo anymore. From the time her doctors decided to take her off chemo to her passing away was two weeks.. I was so blown away from it.

I noticed she had not been checking up on me and my mom told me that she wasnt doing well. This was the first person that I was going to lose to cancer since my friend Sandy. The thought never crossed my mind that it would have been so soon. I received an unmarked card with a gift card and a very sweet message in the mail. I couldnt figure out who it was sent from until my mom told me she thought it was Ruth. She had been tying up lose ends and she wanted to send that to me but didnt want anything in return. The only thing we had to go by was the handwriting and the fact that it was processed in a Sacramento post office.

When I found out she was on not doing well and on hospice I immediately tried to get ahold of her. Unfortunately I was unable to get through. I text her, called and face booked her. I knew she looked at her texts. I didnt know the condition she would be in but I hope she could have one of her children read them to her. She helped me more than she could have known. She was like my cancer grandma.. or aunt. She knew what I needed to hear at certain times. She will be missed. RIP Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment