Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sugar and spice and everything nice.

My baby shower was absolutely amazing. It was held the weekend before chemo treatments so that was great. Of course I procrastinated on anything I needed to get done around the house. Ryan and I cleaned up and put Olivia's toys away that morning. I made some cupcakes for a shower game and one dessert... that morning. The shower was going to be sugar and spice themed. I was super excited because I have been having a super sweet tooth. With the shower being at my house I didnt want to over invite people. That has always been a struggle for me. Where do I make the cut off? I care so much for so many people. I also worry about hurting people's feelings. I was very happy with the outcome though. About 30 friends and family members.

Here is the dessert table. We had lemon bars (Elisabeth made my Gram's recipe), brownie bites, coffee cake, coconut cream pie, cheesecake, banana cream pie, white chocolate covered rice krispie treats, fruit, cookies and mini cinnamon rolls.


We also had a great beverage table with Starbucks izze drinks, chocolate milk, ice water and sodas. The colors were teal, pink and brown. I loved everything!! The decor was simple but so me! Mason jars filled with spider mums and carnations. They wrapped each mason jar in burlap and ribbon. They didnt know, but carnations always reminded me of my great grandma. They were her favorite flower. They also put up this gorgeous handmade banner too. This picture doesn't do it justice. Katie spent so much time cutting each piece and choosing the right paper. Its something I will keep forever!



The games were perfect. One game was to get a plain cupcake and draw a baby on it. Each person was given their own cupcake and mini piping bag. That was super fun to judge! We also has viles of spices and people needed to determine which each spice was. That was much more difficult than I expected.


At the end of the shower everyone went home with a cake pop favor. My client and dear friend Tracy made them last minute for us. They were super delicious! I admit to eating like 5..


My dear friend Katie did such an amazing job putting it all together along with the help of my friend Elisabeth, Kamii and Kathleen. It was seriously the best day. I do not feel like anything was missing. I received so may gifts for the baby and felt so loved by everyone who came. My heart felt very full that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment